2010 was one hell of a year for me and my family. We experienced some major ups and downs, but overall I feel like it was a huge success. As is the tradition with these yearly wrap up posts, I will do it in my list fashion.
2009 ended on one of the saddest notes I could possibly ever imagine.
1. March of 2010 saw the loss of another little one to miscarriage. It was very sad and I didn’t recover for a while. It’s those kinds of things that make you wonder if your heart can ever be whole again.
2. In May, we found out that our “rotten luck” was not rotten luck at all – but something totally treatable. We were thrilled and couldn’t wait to try again.
3. In July, my newest little brother was born. Thomas Bob came into this world on July 19th – one day after his big brother’s birthday. He is the sweetest little boy and we all love him so much. He’s so chill, but loves to be in the middle of everything.
4. I started school back that same summer and it was so fun and refreshing to be in a formal learning environment again. I have done really well and feel like I’m back to my old self.
5. August was very exciting as well. My best friend in the entire world gave birth to her second child. Madeline Anne was born in the afternoon and was certainly in a hurry to get here! She is so adorable and beautiful and a little dark haired angel.
6. The end of August and early September were a time of both great sadness and happiness. We lost my husband’s mother unexpectedly which was really rough. On the flip side, he got to reconnect with a part of his family he hadn’t seen in over ten years. I also got to meet this part of his family and let’s just say I fit in like a round peg. It’s wonderful.
7. September also brought some wonderful and scary news – we were expecting again. After waiting a while to try again, we got the first try and it was so exciting. At the same time, we knew what could happen and we were terrified.
8. October saw Shaun and Christian turn 4 and 3 respectively. When people say kids grow up too fast, they aren’t kidding. I just can’t believe how big they are and it amazes me what sweet and caring little boys they have become. Those two are really good friends and love Gabba. For their birthday, Holly gave them the opportunity to see Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE! at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. She is incredibly generous and has a huge heart. The boys both went as Gabbas for Halloween and were adorable.
9. November was a real treat for us. It marked the end of the scary first trimester and getting to tell Russell’s re-discovered family the good news. They were so thrilled – and we were thrilled to be able to share that with them.
10. December was really exciting. We got to travel to Ohio to visit Russell’s relatives and we also found out what our beautiful baby’s gender was! It’s a GIRL! To say we were a little surprised is an understatement. We didn’t care either way, but we fully expected a son.
While we were in Ohio, I managed to knit our daughter a really cute sweater. I forget the name of the pattern and I don’t have it in front of me, but here it is!
I think 2011 is going to rock. We get to meet our baby girl and there are so many other wonderful things in store.