So, it’s a new year again and time for the year in review.
1. In February, I was 27 weeks pregnant and we got invited to travel to North Reddington Beach, FL (just outside Tampa) to play in the sand at a condo hubby’s grandparent’s rented. It was so nice…kind of like a mini-babymoon before our beautiful daughter was to be born.
2. In March, hubby and I celebrated six years of marriage and eight years together. I have to say that after last year, this year’s anniversary was so lovely. We stayed home and watched a movie and cuddled.
3. April saw us turn 26 years old. We celebrated with a trip to the Braves vs. Phillies. I was hugely pregnant at this point, but it was way fun.
4. We finally welcomed our baby girl in May. She arrived just one day shy of her due date and we are so thrilled she’s here and made it safe and sound!!
5. June and July were sort of a blur. Baby girl went to her first parade and it was all just sort of jumbled together in the newness of parenthood.
6. My brother and his fiance took a trip to Destin, FL with us in August. Baby girl was 3 months old exactly. She seemed to enjoy the beach and did super well in the car on the drive down and back. She’s always been such a little trooper about new adventures. She got all worn out from lounging on the beach with her momma and dada.
7. My beautiful girl got to experience her first trick or treat. She slept through most of it, but she was so adorable in her two costumes. I made the owl costume, but Great Gramma got her the adorable lady bug.
7. Sweet Monkey got to eat turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving. She was so adorable and really seemed to enjoy everything.
8. Christmas time with a little one is an entirely new experience. By the time everything was said and done, little girl had 4 Christmas celebrations. Her first was in OH with hubby’s extended family. The drive was so long, but my darling little girl was a trooper! She got so many wonderful gifts and got to meet her uncle, aunt, cousins, and see her great grandparents again. When we got back, we celebrated our first Christmas with just the three of us and it was nice. We got her some really awesome things that will grow with her. That evening, we went to my in-laws where we had a great dinner and some lovely fellowship with our family. Finally, the day after Christmas, was my family’s celebration. Grandma spoiled. her. rotten. Grandma spoils EVERYONE rotten.
Finally, we were wiped out. 2011 was a whirl wind and I’m sure I forgot a ton, but these are the highlights.
I cannot WAIT to see what 2012 has in store!